Sunday, July 28, 2013

7 1/2 Years Later

I started this blog in December of 2005, shortly after discovering Guided By Voices - yes, I discovered them after the band was "done". Over the years I have slowed down with the reviews (none last year), in fact, Robert Pollard is easily releasing new albums much quicker than I have been writing up new entries. 

It was something else trying to find copies of everything back in 2005, but I can't imagine what it would be like now, where there is a new GBV-related release every couple months! So I'm going to get back at it, and hope this will prove to be a helpful source for people just getting into GBV. 

Also, eventually I need to go back to my older entries because I know that certain songs have gained favor with me over the years (what's with that terrible entry on Sandbox?), and vise-versa. That will have to wait however, since there are still tons of albums I haven't got to on this site. Also, I apologize for not being very active on the comment boards - I used to respond to almost every comment on each entry, but I haven't been so great lately. I'll try to keep up better going forward. 

2 comments:

Neil Anderson said...

Don't leave us hanging! I keep checking this site to see if you've posted anything new.

Anonymous said...

Hi - just discovered your site. Did you ever make your ultimate GBV playlist? I can't find it on your site. If you did make it, I'd love to see it! I'm at @kdern on twitter.