Wednesday, March 14, 2018

RE-SCORE: Boston Spaceships: Camera Found The Ray Gun (2010)

TOTAL SCORE: 12, AVG: 3.00

Using my new scoring method (Details can be found here), I wanted to tackle my previous entries for the Boston Spaceships before covering the final two albums that I have yet to cover. When I first reviewed this 4 song EP I compared it heavily with The Takeovers' Little Green Onion Man EP, since both seemed to offer something a bit different from what was appearing on the albums...


    In my previous post on this album, all 4 of the EP's songs made the playlist. I think my love for this EP has diminished over time, and I almost didn't put Pluto Is Polluted on the "Almost Gems" list. As far as being essential, there are other EPs in the GBV catalog that I would seek out prior to this one, but it is likely worth it for Pluto Is Polluted alone. Here is the updated ranking:

    Among Bob's Best
    -- none

    Gems
    -- none

    Almost Gems
    03 Pluto Is Polluted

    They're Good
    01 The Way Out
    04 Aquarian Hovercraft

    They're OK
    02 Rival GT

    Could Live Without
    -- none

    Toss-Offs & Throwaways
    -- none

    Given the scoring above, the album would get 12 points total (and an average of 3.00). 

    No comments: