Wednesday, October 14, 2020

RE:SCORE - Guided By Voices: Get Out of My Stations (1994)

TOTAL SCORE: 15, AVG: 2.14

Some copies of Get Out of My Stations included some live tracks, but I am not covering those in my re:score. In my original review I noted that a couple of the songs (Dusty Bushworms and Spring Tiger) had alternate takes on Sandbox I and II that could be considered superior. Considering 1994 saw the amazing Bee Thousand released, the '94 EPs are a bit underwhelming but they still have their charms...
    The biggest draw on Get Out of My Stations is Melted Pat, a track that for me has jumped all over from being "Among Bob's Best" to "It's Ok", landing as an "Almost Gem" today. Dusty Bushworms and Spring Tiger round out the best the EP has to offer, though both Scalding Creek and Mobile have their admirers. Here is the updated ranking:

    Among Bob's Best
    -- none

    Gems
    -- none

    Almost Gems
    03 Melted Pat
    05 Dusty Bushworms

    They're Good
    06 Spring Tiger

    They're OK
    01 Scalding Creek
    02 Mobile

    Could Live Without
    -- none

    Toss-Offs & Throwaways
    04 Queen of Second Guessing
    07 Blue Moon Fruit

    Given the scoring above, the album would get 15 points total (and an average of 2.14). 

    No comments: