Tuesday, October 20, 2020

RE:SCORE - Guided By Voices: Tigerbomb (1995)

TOTAL SCORE: 23, AVG: 3.83

When I original reviewed this EP most of the comments were about how Mice Feel Nice (In My Room) is nothing short of a masterpiece. I still think it is just cool how different songs resonate with fans, and to me, who does not get the love for that song, it still makes me happy to know others enjoy it so much. I was also surprised that I didn't include Kiss Only the Important Ones since I think it is pretty good nowadays...

    Dodging Invisible Rays is an excellent Sprout song that must have been left off of Alien Lanes to keep the Pollard/Sprout mix at a certain level, but is otherwise as good as his tracks on that album. The real big draw on Tigerbomb of course is the high-fidelity and spiffy production versions of My Valuable Hunting Knife and Game of pricksHere is the updated ranking:

    Among Bob's Best
    01 My Valuable Hunting Knife [7" Version]
    02 Game of Pricks [7" Version]

    Gems
    -- none

    Almost Gems
    05 Kiss Only the Important Ones
    06 Dodging Invisible Rays

    They're Good
    -- none

    They're OK
    04 Not Good for the Mechanism

    Could Live Without
    03 Mice Feel Nice (In My Room)

    Toss-Offs & Throwaways
    -- none

    Given the scoring above, the album would get 23 points total (and an average of 3.83). 

    No comments: